Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Get Yourself Back in the Game

Many people in Las Vegas have been hit hard economically over the four or five years.  If you're reading this article and live in Las Vegas you or someone you know has lost a job, a home, income or their retirement savings, a marriage ,a relationship,and maybe even  lost some of their vital energy and enthusiasm.

You know it's time for improvement and something to get better in your life or theirs.

                 "Success Starts Today. Today is yesterday minus one day, so let's maximize today. All the money in the world will not bring yesterday back."-Lori Wilk

Many  people are taking steps to make their lives better. It's not  uncommon to meet someone who is now living in an apartment that is a fraction of the size of their former home. It's not a surprise to meet people who have been successful for decades getting some help with food programs so they can eat.

 "It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."-Vince Lombardi, Football Coach
Some shared this "Results Formula" with me and so pick a topic you want to work on... Career and ask yourself the following Five questions about your topic:
1. What results am I getting now?.
.. for some none or minimal might be your answer
-It's time for a dose of honesty and a reality check. If you've avoided this questions, answer it today.


2. What result do I want? ( possibly a brand new career or a better paying job or maybe, just a job)
How can you get what you want if you're not clear about what that is? Visualize what you want. One cool tool is to create a vision or dream board for what you want in all the areas of your life.

Visualize your success or goals. Athletes do this all the time. Tiger Woods visualizes the golf ball going in the whole before making the shot. High divers visualize executing perfect 10-rated dives before jumping from heights into the water. Top salespeople visualize being in the closings before they make the sale. They visualize how they will feel when they are successful doing what they intend to do.

Visualization is a topic we could spend a week on and so this is just to get you started.

If you want a new car for example, go and get the picture of it and put it in a place you can see it every day. You might even use an affirmation written in the present tense as if you already have what you want. How do you write it?
ex. If I want to have a white Cadillac with white leather interior and a moon roof my daily affirmation could be" I have a brand new white Cadillac with a white leather interior and moon roof."

If you want to add the affirmation that includes your new job that you want you might add."  I drive my new white Cadillac to my office where I am an Executive." 

If you want a daily affirmation for that $100,000 job.  You could wake up every morning and say," I am an executive . I earn $100,000 annually helping people with....... . How about.?. "I am happy.I am successful." 

3. What is the difference between what I want and what I have??( I am home and would rather be in an office working, maybe the difference is $50,000 more income a year than you're receiving now.
4. Why?? -Why is there a difference between what I have and what I want?? -- There might be one reason and there could be ten. Make a list and ask yourself the next question.
5. What am I going to do about it???

There are three frogs on a Lily Pad and two decide to go. How many frogs are left on the pad?? all three- They decided to go and they never took the action to jump...

"Never confuse movement with action"-Ernest Hemingway-Writer 

Today, let this granny put the fire under your fanny. Do you need some inspiration, perspiration, education, or mentoring.

Here's an article about free University courses 

 http://exm.nr/YnKIox

There's another site which I've joined called "Udemy" and they have courses from Free to various Fees.
http://www.Udemy.com

Tune-in to my show today or listen to the archives at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Successipes

No comments:

Post a Comment